Wednesday, February 4, 2015

My Dream

When I was in high school I had a major fear of someone breaking and entering my house in the middle of the night so of course I would have nightmares about it.  In my dream I awoke in my bed to the feeling that someone was watching me.  I looked around but didn't see anyone so I went to the top of the stairs to look down in the foyer and saw a dark figure standing behind the front door.  The door slowly unlocked and a man in a black suit and tie entered the house.  What was horrifying about him though was that he was floating about half a foot off the ground and his head was moving a twitching so fast that it became one giant blur.  Panicked, I screamed for my parents but no one heard my call.  The man began to float up the staircase with it's arms and legs motionless as I shot into my room and locked the door.  I grabbed a knife from my dresser and stood in the corner of the room farthest away from the door shaking and on the verge of tears when a shadow stood at my door.  The door unlocked and swung open as the man hovered into my room and stood there, watching me.  The knife in my hand flung across the room and into the wall as I felt my feet get pulled out from underneath me by an invisible force.  The man began dragging me out of the room and down the hallway.  I flooded the air with my screams for help when my sister's door opened and she stepped out to just watch me be dragged away.  My parents door then opened as well as they just stepped out and watch me be dragged by this faceless man.  The walls and stairs were being torn and scratched as I fought and grabbed at anything I could to save myself.  Ultimately my efforts were futile.  The pov then switched from my first person view to me watching myself being drug into the darkness out the front door.  The last thing I saw were my hands holding onto the doorframe until they were torn into the darkness, followed by a scream for help and then an ear piercing screech.  Thats when I woke up crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment